Good morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, join right here. Plus, obtain Insider’s app for information on the go – click on right here for iOS and right here for Android.
Let’s get began.
1. Fb launched a beforehand unseen report on its most-viewed content material within the US. Fb initially withheld the report out of worry of scrutiny, because the most-viewed hyperlink implied a health care provider died from the COVID vaccine. Check out what the report revealed.
2. Elon Musk unveiled designs for a “Tesla Bot,” a humanoid robotic. Musk hopes the Tesla Bot, which might be created from Tesla’s self-driving AI, may very well be despatched to Mars, the place it could work in inhospitable environments. Every part you might want to know in regards to the deliberate human-like robots (which the corporate mentioned could be “pleasant”).
3. A leaked memo reveals Google is dismantling its Google Well being division. Google Well being’s chief is leaving, and the division’s models will probably be scattered all through the corporate. Here is what else we discovered from the interior memo.
4. Intercourse employees are “indignant and confused” by OnlyFans’ ban on specific content material. Many say it is unclear how the platform will implement it is porn ban, whereas others could depart the platform due to it (and will head to considered one of these websites as an alternative). See what intercourse employees are saying after OnlyFans coverage replace.
5. Apple has delayed its workplace return till at the least January. The corporate joins different tech giants, together with Amazon, in pushing again its return to the workplace amid rising COVID-19 charges. It had beforehand wished employees to return in October. Extra on that right here.
6. Fb launched a security characteristic to guard Afghan customers. As social media customers — significantly ladies — worry the Taliban is utilizing social media to trace opposition, Fb introduced a characteristic to safe their accounts. See what Fb, and different websites, are doing to guard Afghan customers.
7. Blue Origin has misplaced at the least 17 high-level staffers this 12 months. A few of the workers left within the weeks after Jeff Bezos’ journey to area, whereas others departed after SpaceX was awarded the $2.9 billion NASA moon-lander contract that Blue Origin was gunning for. Get the complete rundown right here.
8. The most recent iPhone is about to have main digital camera upgrades and insane quantities of storage. Based on Bloomberg, the cellphone is predicted to have extra display area and tons of storage, however with a well-recognized slim design. Here is what else we all know in regards to the new iPhone.
9. Google’s funds group is seeing an exodus of executives and workers. Dozens of employees have left Google’s funds group in current months, with some saying they’re annoyed by gradual progress on the funds app. Here is every part we all know in regards to the exits thus far.
10. AWS insiders suppose key cloud exec Charlie Bell could take a C-level job at one other firm — and shortly. Bell abruptly left the corporate final week in a transfer that stunned insiders. Now, Bell’s coworkers are musing that he left to take an government place at one other main tech firm. See what they’re saying.
Join extra Insider newsletters right here.